Please make sure you have read our grant information page to ensure you are eligible to apply and a good fit for funding.
Our Jewish Community cycle includes grants for the following:
- Health focused grants programs which promote short-term and long-term physical or mental health. This category also includes healthcare-related social services. Examples include: nutrition counseling and food assistance, health education, medication assistance, social work services, support for providers of physical or mental health services. MHF maintains specific sources of funding set aside for health focused programs.
- Programs which foster or maintain a vibrant Jewish community. Examples include: Jewish education programs, transportation to Jewish communal social activities, initiatives focused on Jewish persons age 33 and younger, efforts that promote a literate and educated Jewish community, programs that serve older adults.
- Core support for organizations in the Jewish Community (maximum grant request of $10,000). Applicants for core support may not submit program grant requests
Organizations can apply for one or more Program Grants or one Core operating support grants, but may not apply for both.
- Program Grants: In order to determine the appropriate grant request amount, our Program Officer will contact you to schedule a site visit and discuss your grant. In prior years, grantees had to contact MHF, but we expect this to simplify our process.
- Core Operating Support Grants: $10,000 maximum grant request
Applications will be available after January 15. The deadline for submission is February 28, 2020. In order to apply, please visit our online software system. After your registration, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on accessing the application. Click HERE to see a registration tutorial before you start.
IMPORTANT: If your organization has applied to our Foundation in the past, your email account may already exist in our system.
If your email already does exist in our system, you will see this message when you register: ‘The Login you have entered (your email address) is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, cancel account creation and click the ‘Forgot your Password?’ link on the Login page.”
When you click the ‘Forgot your Password?’ link, a box will appear asking for the email to send password reset instructions. Follow the directions in the reset instructions email to create your new password.
Please ask your IT department or email provider to add Menorah Heritage Foundation email@example.com to your safe sender email list. This will ensure emails from our online grant software system will not end up in your spam folder.
Menorah Heritage Foundation places great emphasis on having a profile and updated information available with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation powered by Guidestar™. ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE a current Guidestar™ profile, you will need to comply with our financial documentation requirements for the application:
Financial Documentation Required:
- Menorah Heritage Foundation strongly prefers that applicants for grants in all cycles include in their submission (i) agency audited financials from the most recently completed fiscal year and (ii) the IRS form 990 from the most recently complete fiscal year. Any agency with an operating budget of $1,000,000 or more must comply with this requirement.
- If an applicant agency does not obtain an audit, and has a total operating budget under $1,000,000, then the applicant must submit (i) the IRS form 990 from the most recently complete fiscal year and (ii) a compilation letter or compilation report of certified financial statements from a practicing CPA that includes the professional’s representation that they have reviewed the income and expenses reported in the most recent 990 and those numbers appear reasonable.
- If an applicant agency does not obtain an audit, has a total operating budget under $1,000,000 and does not file an IRS Form 990 (due to exemption), then the applicant agency must submit a review of certified financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year from a practicing CPA
- If the application deadline is too close to the end of an agency’s fiscal year to reasonably produce the above requested documents (e.g., a January grant deadline for a calendar year agency), then please submit the documentation from the prior fiscal year and supplement as soon as the most recent year accounting is finalized.
- A copy of the IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)3 status
- A list of the organization’s officers and board of directors
If you have a question, please contact us.