Please make sure you have read our grant information page to ensure you are eligible to apply and a good fit for funding.
Our General Community Core cycle supports core organization operating expenses.
General Community Core grants prioritize funding to organizations providing emergency services and assistance, shelter, safety-net health care, crisis children’s services, and other crisis-based human services. General Community Core grants assist recipients in meeting their stated mission by funding overall organization operations, independent of direct service costs. If you have a question regarding what we fund or your eligibility to apply please contact us!
Examples of General Community Core funding might include the following:
- Audit expenses
- Office Equipment
- Technology Upgrades and Training
- Benefits and Insurance
Maximum Grant Requests: $10,000
General Community Core Cycle: This cycle consists of two phases: a Letter of Intent, followed by a full grant application for those invited to apply.
The Letter of Intent information will be available by March 1 . Deadline for submission is April 15.
The notification of an invitation to apply will be sent via email to those organizations who are invited to submit a full application by April 30.
The grant application deadline is June 1 at 11:59 p.m. We do not accept late applications.
Click HERE to access our online grant software system for the LOI and application.
IMPORTANT: If your organization has applied to our Foundation in the past, your email account may already exist in our system.
If your email already does exist in our system, you will see this message when you register: ‘The Login you have entered (your email address) is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, cancel account creation and click the ‘Forgot your Password?’ link on the Login page.”
When you click the ‘Forgot your Password?’ link, a box will appear asking for the email to send password reset instructions. Follow the directions in the reset instructions email to create your new password.
Please ask your IT department or email provider to add Menorah Heritage Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender email list. This will ensure emails from our online grant software system will not end up in your spam folder.
Menorah Heritage Foundation places great emphasis on having a profile and updated information available with the Guidestar™. ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE a current Guidestar™ profile, you will need to comply with our financial documentation requirements for the application:
Financial Documentation Required:
- Menorah Heritage Foundation strongly prefers that applicants for grants in all cycles include in their submission (i) agency audited financials from the most recently completed fiscal year and (ii) the IRS form 990 from the most recently complete fiscal year. Any agency with an operating budget of $1,000,000 or more must comply with this requirement.
- If an applicant agency does not obtain an audit, and has a total operating budget under $1,000,000, then the applicant must submit (i) the IRS form 990 from the most recently complete fiscal year and (ii) a compilation letter or compilation report of certified financial statements from a practicing CPA that includes the professional’s representation that they have reviewed the income and expenses reported in the most recent 990 and those numbers appear reasonable.
- If an applicant agency does not obtain an audit, has a total operating budget under $1,000,000 and does not file an IRS Form 990 (due to exemption), then the applicant agency must submit a review of certified financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year from a practicing CPA
- If the application deadline is too close to the end of an agency’s fiscal year to reasonably produce the above requested documents (e.g., a January grant deadline for a calendar year agency), then please submit the documentation from the prior fiscal year and supplement as soon as the most recent year accounting is finalized.
- A copy of the IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)3 status
- A list of the organization’s officers and board of directors
If you have a question, please contact us.