Healthy for Life – Application deadline has passed. Please check back in early fall for 2018 information.
Grant amount request- please review with MHF prior to submission
Our Healthy for Life cycle seeks to support programs that proactively improve health and wellness by fostering transformational change in individual or community behaviors. The ideal grant in this category would impact mind, body and spirit. We provide seed money to innovative, trailblazing programs that will draw other funders as the programs become established. Organizations should view MHF as a limited term source of financial support for such proactive programs.
A completed grant application includes all documents listed below plus a profile with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation powered by Guidestar™ or the information listed in items 7-9:
- A completed Healthy for Life application.
- Organization fiscal year-end balance sheet (a/k/a statement of financial position) in comparison format to the preceding fiscal year-end;
- Organization fiscal year-end income statement (a/k/a statement of activities) in comparison format to preceding fiscal year-end;
- Organization budget vs. actual for prior fiscal year-end in comparison format (this may be incorporated with item 2 at applicants discretion); and
- Current fiscal year budget and income statement
- A detailed program budget, from your accounting software, for the current fiscal year that includes revenues, sources of revenue, and expenses.
Menorah Heritage Foundation places great emphasis on having a profile with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation powered by Guidestar™. ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE a Guidestar™ profile, please include the following, along with the information above, to complete your grant application:
7. The most recently filed 990 and audit
8. A copy of the IRS determination letter indicating 501©3 status
9. A list of the organization’s officers and board of directors