Jewish Community Cycle Grants – Application deadline has passed. Please check back in late fall for 2018 information
Organizations can apply for one or more Program Grants or one (1) Core Operating Support Grant, but may not apply for both.
Program Grants– Grant amount request – Please review with MHF prior to submission. This category includes health-focused programs, as dictated below.
Core Operating Support Grants – $10,000 maximum grant request
Our Jewish Community cycle includes grants for the following:
- Health focused grants programs which promote short-term and long-term physical or mental health. This category also includes healthcare-related social services. Examples include: nutrition counseling and food assistance, health education, medication assistance, social work services, support for providers of physical or mental health services. MHF maintains specific sources of funding set aside for health focused programs.
- Programs which foster or maintain a vibrant Jewish community. Examples include: Jewish education programs, transportation to Jewish communal social activities, initiatives focused on Jewish persons age 33 and younger, efforts that promote a literate and educated Jewish community, programs that serve older adults.
- Core support for organizations in the Jewish Community (maximum grant request of $10,000). Applicants for core support may not submit program grant requests.
A completed Program Grant application includes all documents in items 1-3 listed below plus a profile with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation powered by Guidestar™ or the information listed in items 4-6:
- 2017 COMMON FORM
- 2017 Jewish Program-Agency Budget
- All financial reports as detailed on the Common Application.
A completed Core Operating Support Grant application includes all documents in items 1-2 listed below plus a profile with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation powered by Guidestar™ or the information listed in items 4-6:
- MHF CORE APPLICATION
- All financial reports as detailed on the Core Application.
Important Information for BOTH Program and Core applications: Menorah Heritage Foundation places great emphasis on having a profile and updated information available with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation powered by Guidestar™. ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE a current Guidestar™ profile, please include the following, along with the information above, to complete your grant application:
4. Financial documentation as described in A-D below
A. Menorah Heritage Foundation strongly prefers that applicants for grants in all cycles include in their submission (i) agency audited financials from the most recently completed fiscal year and (ii) the IRS form 990 from the most recently complete fiscal year. Any agency with an operating budget of $1,000,000 or more must comply with this requirement.
B. If an applicant agency does not obtain an audit, and has a total operating budget under $1,000,000, then the applicant must submit (i) the IRS form 990 from the most recently complete fiscal year and (ii) a compilation letter or compilation report of certified financial statements from a practicing C.P.A. that includes the professional’s representation that they have reviewed the income and expenses reported in the most recent 990 and those numbers appear reasonable.
C. If an applicant agency does not obtain an audit, has a total operating budget under $1,000,000 and does not file an IRS Form 990 (due to exemption), then the applicant agency must submit a review of certified financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year from a practicing C.P.A.
D. If the application deadline is too close to the end of an agency’s fiscal year to reasonably produce the above requested documents (e.g. a January grant deadline for a calendar year agency), then please submit the documentation from the prior fiscal year and supplement as soon as the most recent year accounting is finalized.
5. A copy of the IRS determination letter indicating 501©3 status
6. A list of the organization’s officers and board of directors
For information on financial statements prepared or compiled by an agency’s CPA, please click here.